Vintage John Deere Neon Sign: “Farm Implements” Rare, Original – NS5160
At ArtFactory.com We Have The Largest Collection Of Investment Quality, Original Neon, Porcelain, And Tin Litho Signs For Sale Anywhere In The World, We Currently Have Hundreds Of Unique Signs In Stock And Add More To Our Inventory Daily
101 Point Neon Restoration, With All New Electrical Components And Solid State Transformers, Neon Blown By Our In-House Master Glass Blowers, And Has Received Award Winning Artist H.J. Nick’s Brass Tag Signature Certification As A World Class Fine Art, Museum And Investment Quality Piece Of Collectible Memorabilia
Vintage John Deere Neon Sign: "Farm Implements" Rare, Original
This vintage John Deere neon sign is a rare, original tractor dealership advertisement from the 1960's. At ArtFactory.com, we have the largest selection of original, investment quality, porcelain, tin litho, and lighted neon signs for sale anywhere! Our showroom features the "World's Largest Man Cave", where every item is for sale. All of our collectible vintage signs, and restored antiques are guaranteed authentic, and backed by over a century of experience. This vintage John Deere neon sign is the type of museum quality item that we specialize in. This extra large, horizontally oriented, porcelain enamel, rectangular strip sign measures 60 inches (5 feet) wide by 24 inches (2 feet) tall, and is on a 5 inch deep, heavy metal housing can. It has a black background, with red and yellow logos and lettering. The words "JOHN DEERE" are in yellow lettering with a red border, and the words "FARM IMPLEMENTS" are in red letters with a yellow border. The sign lights up with yellow neon around the words "JOHN DEERE", around the border of the deer in the logo, and the border of the background of the logo. The sign lights up in red neon around the lettering of the words "FARM IMPLEMENTS". The center of the sign features the iconic John Deere logo, with a red background, and a yellow, 3-legged deer, jumping over a patch of grass.
Like all of our collectible signs, this rare vintage John Deere neon sign is sold in original, unrestored condition as pictured. This sign is in excellent condition for an item that is now approaching, 60-years-old. There is a fair amount of dings and chips around the outer edges of the signs, especially around the hanging grommet areas. These mostly very small sized dings and chips are prevalent around the edges of the sign on all sides. However, for the most part this damage is limited to the first inch or 2 of the sign from the edge, and does not reach the lettering area of the sign. The most significant damage to the sign is in the top right corner area, where
Vintage John Deere Neon Sign Specifications
- Type: Genuine Vintage Porcelain Enamel Strip Sign With Working Neon On Heavy Metal Housing Can
- Sides: Single Sided
- Shape: Rectangular Strip Sign (Horizontally Oriented)
- Company: John Deere
- Product: Farm Implements
- Era: 1960's
- Country Of Manufacture: U.S.A.
- Color: Black/Red/Yellow
- Neon Color: Yellow ("JOHN DEERE" Lettering And Around Deer Border And Background Border In Logo)/Red (FARM IMPLEMENTS Lettering)
- Dimensions: 60 Inches (5 Feet) Wide By 24 Inches (2 Feet) Tall (5 Inch Deep Heavy Metal Housing Can)
- Condition: Original Genuine Porcelain Enamel Sign Not Restored Or Doctored (As-Pictured, See Photos For Details)
- Neon Details: All Neon And Solid State Transformers, Wiring Mounts, Switches, And Wires Have Been Replaced.
- Comes With H.J. Nick Exclusive “Fast Hanger Bar” Allowing A Simple And Easy Way To Hang Straight And True Every Time.
- Housing Can Rebuilt In Heavy Gage Steel And Finished For Indoor Or Outdoor Use
- Neon Has Separate Toggle Pull Chord As Pictured So That The Sign Can Easily Be Switched On And Off Without Unplugging.
- Certification: Brass Tag Signed By Award Winning Artist H.J. Nick
there is a moderate sized area of scratching (as pictured), and is the only damage to the sign that would the described as "significant". This sign is in Very Good Plus Condition overall (VG +), with only the top right corner damage preventing it from receiving a grade of Excellent (EXL) condition overall. (Note: We Always Round Down A Grade When If It's Close). It appears that this sign may have been displayed outdoors at some point, as the top right corner is consistent with the type of damage you would see if the sign was struck by a wind blown object (extremely common for outdoor signs).
Watch Neon Sign Restorations Video
Watch Hanging Neon Signs Video
Vintage John Deere Neon Sign Additional Condition And Neon Restoration Details
We do not believe in restoring damage such as dings, dents, scratches, or damage to porcelain enamel. Restoring damage to vintage porcelain signs is frowned upon in the collector community because there is simply no way to repair this type of damage that is consistent with the standards of a museum quality restoration. Most often attempts at this type of restoration leaves the item looking worse than its original condition. Furthermore, it is our belief that every ding, dent, and blemish is part of that item's unique history, and helps to tell its story. The only exception to this is when dealing with neon and electrical components.
That is why this vintage John Deere neon sign has received a 101 point, world class fine art and museum quality, neon and electrical restoration. This means that all electrical components have been replaced, includeing any wiring, mounts, switches, and ALL SOLID STATE TRANSFORMERS. The neon tubes are hand blown and hand bent by our in-house master glass blowers using historically correct techniques. This restoration is completed according to the specifications, and under the supervision of, award winning artist H.J. Nick. An item does not receive his brass tag signature certification until it has been found to meet all world class fine art qualifications. This certification means each item bearing his signature is backed by over 100 years of manufacturing world class fine art handmade furnishings, and restoring America's finest collectibles to original, museum quality condition. Also, any electrical parts including wiring and solid state transformers have been replaced. To top it all off, this vintage John Deere neon sign features a separate on/off toggle pull cord, as pictured, so the sign can easily be turned on and off without unplugging.
Investment Quality Collectibles For Sale At ArtFactory.com
This vintage John Deere Farm Implements sign is original memorabilia from one of America's most iconic brands. We are a one stop shop when it comes to outfitting your man cave or game room. We can can outfit an entire vintage farm, gas station, general store, movie theater, or automotive themed room for you, or help you find that one special item that has been missing from your collection. In addition to signs, we have vintage visible gas pumps, restored soda machines, rare antiques, and more that we have fully restored to working, museum quality condition. Our vintage collectible restorations are the best in the business because nobody has been doing it longer, or pays as much attention to detail.
This rare vintage John Deere neon sign is the perfect conversation piece that will wow your friends and clients alike. Like all of our vintage collectible signs, it is guaranteed authentic, investment quality memorabilia. We specialize in those hard to find signs that serious collectors are looking for. All antique collectibles offered are genuine memorabilia and appreciable assets, not fake reproductions. All items are fine collectible art at the highest world class collector level. Contact us today for pricing on this collectible vintage John Deere neon sign ,or any of our collectible Americana, antique signs, old gas pumps, and classic collectibles at 1-800-292-0008.
ArtFactory.com & Award Winning Artist H.J. Nick Brass Tag Certification Details
The H.J. Nick Brass Tag Certification ensures each piece to be the genuine article. Backed by our over a century of experience, with our word is our bond reputation and guaranteeing or your money back “forever". The H.J. Nick Brass Tag Certification makes this item one of the highest appreciating, collectible investments that you can make. These items can be insured at stated value, usually on your home owners policy, for little added premium. Thus, making this a safer investment than even those insured by the FDIC, is much more fun to own, and puts you in control instead of the bank.
John Deere Historical Details
The history of the John Deere Company is rich and significant in the realm of agriculture and machinery. Here's a brief overview of its history:
1. Early Years (1837-1868): The company's story began in 1837 when John Deere, a blacksmith and inventor, created the first successful steel plow. This innovation greatly improved the efficiency of plowing tough, sticky soil common in the Midwest United States. The demand for Deere's plows grew rapidly, and he established the Deere & Company in Moline, Illinois, in 1868.
2. Expansion and Diversification (Late 19th to Early 20th Century): The late 1800s saw the company expand its product line to include a wide range of agricultural equipment, such as cultivators, planters, and harvesting machines. John Deere's commitment to quality and innovation helped solidify its reputation as a leading agricultural machinery manufacturer.
3. Global Reach and Modernization (Mid-20th Century): During the mid-20th century, John Deere continued to innovate and expand its operations. The company ventured into the production of construction and forestry equipment, further diversifying its product offerings. John Deere also expanded its presence internationally, establishing a global network of dealers and manufacturing facilities.
4. Technological Advancements (Late 20th Century to Present): The late 20th century saw John Deere embracing technological advancements in agriculture. The company introduced computerized controls, GPS guidance systems, and precision farming technologies, allowing farmers to optimize their operations and maximize productivity.
5. Sustainability and Environmental Focus: In recent years, John Deere has placed increased emphasis on sustainability and environmental responsibility. The company has developed technologies and practices that promote efficient resource use, reduced emissions, and sustainable farming practices.
6. Continued Innovation and Leadership: John Deere remains a leader in agricultural and construction machinery. The company continues to innovate with advancements in automation, data analytics, and artificial intelligence, further enhancing the efficiency and productivity of farming and construction operations.
Throughout its history, the John Deere Company has maintained a strong commitment to quality, innovation, and meeting the evolving needs of its customers in the agriculture and construction industries. The distinctive green and yellow equipment bearing the John Deere logo has become an iconic symbol in farming communities worldwide.
More Original Vintage Farm & Tractor Collectibles For Sale From ArtFactory.com
Vintage John Deere Neon Sign Info
When we use the terms "Museum Quality" and "Historically Correct," we are indicating our world-class process. We absolutely preserve all original signs, badges, glass with anomalies, natural aged patinas, and everything that makes a vintage item collectible. Maintaining non-structural damage, all age, wear, and tear is proudly displayed to showcase each item's unique charm.
Due to our earned reputation, we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. Because most of our items have a waiting list, if you're looking for a specific collectible, please ask to be put on our first come, first served list (refundable deposit required).
We are the oldest and largest seller of fine art, historically correct, museum quality antiques and genuine, investment quality classic Americana.