Wayne 493 Gas Pump: Rare Vintage Roman Column With Texaco Signage – VGP5003
This Extremely Rare, Fully Working Ready To Pump Gas “Or Beer” Wayne Roman Column 10 Gallon Visible Gas Pump, One Of The Most Highly Sought After Investment Quality Pumps For Serious Collectors
Fully Restored Inside And Out Visible Gas Pump To Fine Art World Class Museum Standards Preserving A Hundred Years Of Americas Iconic Industrial Revolution History, A Signed 101 Point World Class Fine Art Restoration By Artist H.J. Nick.
Wayne 493 Gas Pump: Rare Vintage Roman Column With Texaco Signage
This vintage Wayne 493 gas pump is a fully restored, original visible tank, hand operated pump from the 1920's. At ArtFactory.com our restorations are second to none, because nobody in the business has been doing it longer, or pays as much attention to details. Like all of our vintage gas pump restorations, it has been restored both inside and out to working museum quality standards. This means even the parts that you can't see. It is a fully original, Wayne, hand operated, visible gas pump from 1923, with original, period correct signage for Texaco with an original milk glass gas globe. When we say all original, we mean all the way down to the fully restored original measuring sticks as pictured. This vintage Wayne 493 gas pump features an original, clear glass, 10 gallon tank, and is mounted on a base with wheels as pictured so that it can be moved easily. These pumps were manufactured between 1923 and 1924.
Wayne 493 Gas Pump Additional Restoration Details
This vintage Wayne 493 gas pump has been branded with Texaco Gasoline signage that is original from the period. It features an original milk glass, gas pump globe that is correct to the era. The vintage gas pump that has been restored here is one of Wayne's most highly collected models of visible pump. The body of the pump is galvanized metal and has been painted red to match the globe. The glass gas tank includes original measuring sticks, and a price placard. The pump was originally manufactured by Wayne in Fort Wayne, Indiana and includes original serial, and model number plates.
This vintage visible gas pump has been completely restored to museum quality. All parts are historically correct and original, and are in full working order. Contact ArtFactory.com today at 1-800-292-0008 to get pricing on this vintage Wayne 493 gas pump, or get started on your own vintage gas pump restoration today. We can restore vintage gas pumps to any station or theme of your choice. Not only that, but we are a one stop shop for your petroliana themed man cave, and have one of the largest selections of authentic, collectible vintage porcelain signs for sale anywhere. Don't settle for low quality reproductions that will never have any long term value, when you can own "the genuine article".
Vintage Wayne 493 Gas Pump Specifications
- Type: Visible Hand Operated Original Pump In Fully Working Condition
- Company: Wayne
- Model: 493
- All original matching parts with matching numbers (not parts from many pumps)
- Original Station Signage: Texaco
- Era: 1923-1924
- Place Of Manufacture: Fort Wayne, IN, USA
- Color: Red/White (same several step process as a fine sports car finish)
- Globe: Original milk glass with rare in glass raised letters
- Date correct electric cord and plug for top lighting
- Glass Tank: Original 10 gallon blue glass tinted (blue tinting caused by lead gasoline exposed to the sun for many decades) Original American Makers Mark Etched In Glass
- Custom Heavy Duty Base 6 Wheel Dolly Secured To Original Base Mounts With Mar Proof Wheels For Easy One Person Moving
- PUMP WEIGHT 650 POUNDS
- NEW FUNCTIONAL ORIGINAL NEW HOSE WITH SOLID BRASS FITTINGS WITH POLISHED ORIGINAL WORKING GRAVITY NOZZLE
- Solid Brass Leaver Marked For Returning Extra Pumped Gas To Reservoir Tank Or In Visible Tank Gas To Car
- Dimensions: 9 Feet Tall Without Globe (Total Height With Globe 10 Feet 6 Inches) 23 Inch Base Diameter
- Condition: Fully Restored To Working, Museum Quality Collector Condition
Tour Our ArtFactory.com Mancave
At ArtFactory.com we make vintage gas pump display carts so that you can conveniently move your vintage visible gas pumps and other heavy collectibles from place to place. These custom islands with wheels can be come built to suit you needs. They can be built to hold one gas pump, or you whole collection, and can also be built for lubesters and vending machines. These vintage gas pump display carts are an original design by award winning artist H.J. Nick, and are hand built in heavy gage steel. The even come complete with electrical wiring so that your pumps can plug right into the island. The are also UL listed.
Finally, a convenient way to display and transport your heavy collectibles. This example includes 25 Foot industrial duty cord with plug wired and 4 duplex electrical outlets. Vintage gas pump display carts can be custom designed to any size, and like all of our products are built custom made to order. They can also be hand finished in any color to match you collectibles or the color scheme of your man cave. The vintage gas pump display carts pictured feature a 1930's-50's era Texaco color theme. They are custom finished to appear as worn and aged concrete colored Texaco red and grease stained in a battleship gray.
Wayne 493 Gas Pump Info
- All brass parts are solid polished original brass
- Rare collectors preferred original "Milk Glass" globe
- All sign-age is correct porcelain original era material (no fake foreign made parts or signs used)
- All internals have been polished and rebuilt
- Pump is in working order
- Backed by a century of fine craftsmanship since 1913
We are the oldest and largest restorer of fine art, museum quality, historically correct antiques, and supplier of genuine investment quality un-restored classic Americana (namely signs). Museum quality, historically correct means a world class restoration that preserves all original signs, badges, glass with anomalies, natural aged patina, ect. with non structural damage. All age wear and tear is proudly displayed, when possible, on signage and gas pump globes. Contact the Art Factory for information on restoring your antique gas pumps at 1-800-292-0008.