Orange Crush Soda Sign: Vintage 1960’s Can Shaped Tin Litho – VS6458
At ArtFactory.com We Have Dozens Of Authentic, Investment Quality, Vintage Soda Signs For Sale From The Iconic Brands That Serious Collectors Are After; We Have Collectible Memorabilia; Not Only From Orange Crush, But Also Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Nesbitt’s, Dr. Pepper, A&W Root Beer, Nehi, 7 Up, Plus Many More
We Have The World’s Largest Man Cave On-Site, At Our Scottsdale, Arizona Showroom, And Can Be Toured Free Of Charge Anytime During Our Business Hours, Come See Hundreds Of Museums Quality Vintage Collectibles, Including Not Only Soda Memorabilia, But Also Autmobilia, Petroliana, Americana, And More, And To Top It All Off, Everything Is For Sale
Orange Crush Soda Sign: Vintage 1960's Can Shaped Tin Litho
This vintage Orange Crush Soda sign is an original advertisement used at soda shops and gas stations in the 1960's. At ArtFactory.com we have on of the largest selections of original, vintage collectible signs for sale anywhere, guaranteed authentic, and backed by over a century of experience. The genuine , original die cut, tin litho sign is a single sided, tin soda can shaped advertisement, and measures 11 inches tall by 8 inches wide. It is perfect for display in any man cave or game room, and a must have item for any serious vintage soda memorabilia collector. This vintage Orange Crush soda sign is the perfect companion to hang over your vintage soda vending machine, or as a stand alone piece of wall art, which features an eye catching design. The sign is designed to exactly mimic the appearance of an actual Orange Crush soda can from that era.
Orange Crush Soda Sign Specifications
- Type: Heavy Metal Tin Lithograph Sign
- Sides: Single Sided
- Shape: Die Cut Sign To Resemble The Shape Of A Can Of Orange Crush Soda
- Company: Crush
- Product: Cans Of Orange Crush Soda
- Place Of Manufacture: U.S.A.
- Date Of Manufacture: October 27, 1963
- Color: White/Black/Orange/Green
- Dimensions: 11 Inches Tall By 8 Inches Wide
- Condition: Original, Unrestored Condition, Sold As-Pictured, See Photos For Details
The upper label area of the can has a white background, with and orange and green graphic of their guarantee seal, which states "Your Guarantee, Freshness, Purity, And Quality". The lower two-thirds of the label has an orange background with the white and orange areas being separated with a wave graphic. This lower area reads "ORANGE CRUSH" in large white lettering, with the word "CRUSH" is larger and has black outlined letters and orange stripes going though the centers of the letters vertically. Below it reads "ORANGE SODA" in large script style lettering. Just below that, it reads "12 Fluid Ounces" in small white lettering. The sign is dated at the bottom, 10-27-63, also in small white lettering.
Orange Crush Soda Sign Additional Details
Like all of our vintage collectible signs, this vintage Orange Crush soda sign is sold in original unrestored condition, as pictured, because we believe that every ding, dent, and blemish is part of the history of the item. This sign has some light wear around the edges, and some light discoloration in the upper right area of the sign, as pictured. There is also some light wear around the edges on the back of the sign. Otherwise it is an exceptionally clean example of this item, and DOES NOT HAVE any significant dings, dents, or any damage from wind blown objects. It is in Excellent Plus (EXL +) condition overall, with clean graphics and lettering on the front. A truly rare find in this condition, as this is likely to be the cleanest, and as close to a near mint condition example of this now 60-year-old sign that wis currently for sale. We sell rare, collectible items from dozens of soft drink companies, including not only Orange Crush, but also Coca-Cola, Pepsi, 7 Up, Dr. Pepper, Royal Crown Cola, Nesbitt's, and more. Like all of our vintage collectible signage, this single sided vintage tin Orange Crush soda sign is an original, investment quality item. We are a one stop shop when it comes to outfitting your man cave or game room. We can can outfit an entire 1950's-60's style soda shop for you, or help you find that one special item that has been missing from your collection. We are a-one-stop shop for vintage soda collectibles, in addition to signs, and also have fully restored original vending machines. These machines are restored to working, museum quality condition and include original, period correct signage, logos, and paint schemes. Our vending machine restorations are the best in the business because nobody has been doing it longer, or pays as much attention to detail.
We specialize in original collectible advertising from America's most iconic brands. We have the World's Largest (Airplane Hanger Size) Man Cave on site at our Scottsdale, Arizona showroom. It can be toured for FREE OF CHARGE anytime during our regular business hours (Monday - Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM AZ Time), and you can see our collection of hundreds of museum quality, soda shop, petroliana, automobilia, and Americana items. It's like visiting a museum where every exhibit is for sale! Don't be duped by fakes, or settle for low quality reproductions that will never have any long term appreciable value. At ArtFactory.com, we only deal in fine are quality collectibles with appreciable value that are guaranteed to be authentic, and backed by over a century in experience. Call us today at 1-800-292-0008 to ask for pricing on this rare, porcelain, vintage Orange Crush Soda sign, or any of our other vintage soda shop and drug store signs.
Orange Crush Soda History
Throughout its history, Orange Crush has left a significant mark on the soft drink industry, with its iconic flavor and branding elements making it a beloved beverage from its earliest days. Today, it remains a popular and recognizable brand in the soft drink industry, known for its citrusy and refreshing flavor.
- Foundation and Early Success (1910s-1920s): Orange Crush was founded by Clayton J. Howell and Neil C. Ward in 1911 in Los Angeles, California. It started as a syrup intended for use in soda fountains. In 1916, Samuel C. Hurst, a chemist, partnered with Ward to develop a bottled version of Orange Crush. The bottled beverage quickly gained popularity for its vibrant orange flavor and eye-catching packaging.
- Distinctive Bottle Design: In the early years, Orange Crush was sold in a clear, ribbed glass bottle with a paper label. The label featured an image of a giant orange, which became an iconic symbol of the brand. The unique bottle design and branding contributed to its success.
- Prohibition-Era Popularity: During the Prohibition era in the United States (1920-1933), Orange Crush benefited from being a non-alcoholic alternative. People turned to soft drinks like Orange Crush for refreshment and enjoyment.
- Expanding Flavor Lineup: In addition to its original orange flavor, Orange Crush introduced other fruit flavors such as Grape Crush and Pineapple Crush in the 1920s and 1930s, expanding its product range.
- Competing with Nehi: Orange Crush faced competition from other fruit-flavored sodas during this period, most notably Nehi (pronounced "knee-high") which offered a range of flavors. The competition between Orange Crush and Nehi was a prominent feature of the soda market during the 1920s and 1930s.
- Post-World War II Growth: After World War II, Orange Crush continued to grow and innovate. It introduced new packaging formats, including cans, which made it more convenient for consumers.
- Continued Popularity in the 1960s and 1970s: During the 1960s and 1970s, Orange Crush remained a popular choice among consumers. Its vibrant flavor and distinctive branding continued to attract customers of all ages.
- The Orange Crush mascot, known as "Crushy,": Crushy is an animated orange character that made its debut in the 1970's and quickly became a recognizable symbol of the brand. This anthropomorphic orange character is often depicted with a friendly, smiling face and a playful personality, embodying the refreshing and vibrant qualities of Orange Crush soda. Over the years, Crushy has evolved in appearance and style but has consistently represented the fun and enjoyable aspects of consuming Orange Crush soda.
- Collectible Bottles and Advertising: Vintage Orange Crush bottles and advertising materials from this period have become collectibles, reflecting the brand's enduring appeal and nostalgia.
More Rare Vintage Investment Quality Soda Signs For Sale From ArtFactory.com
Orange Crush Soda Sign Info
When we use the terms "Museum Quality" and "Historically Correct," we are indicating our world-class process. We absolutely preserve all original signs, badges, glass with anomalies, natural aged patinas, and everything that makes a vintage item collectible. Maintaining non-structural damage, all age, wear, and tear is proudly displayed to showcase each item's unique charm.
Due to our earned reputation, we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. Because most of our items have a waiting list, if you're looking for a specific collectible, please ask to be put on our first come, first served list (refundable deposit required).
We are the oldest and largest seller of fine art, historically correct, museum quality antiques and genuine, investment quality classic Americana.