Enjoy A Crush Sign: Large Vintage Die Cut Tin Litho Bottle Cap – VS6569
At ArtFactory.com We Have Dozens Of Authentic, Investment Quality, Vintage Soda Signs For Sale From The Iconic Brands That Serious Collectors Are After; We Have Collectible Memorabilia; Not Only From Orange Crush, But Also Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Nesbitt’s, Dr. Pepper, A&W Root Beer, Nehi, 7 Up, Plus Many More
We Have The World’s Largest Man Cave On-Site, At Our Scottsdale, Arizona Showroom, And Can Be Toured Free Of Charge Anytime During Our Business Hours, Come See Hundreds Of Museums Quality Vintage Collectibles, Including Not Only Soda Memorabilia, But Also Autmobilia, Petroliana, Americana, And More, And To Top It All Off, Everything Is For Sale
Enjoy A Crush Sign: Large Vintage Die Cut Tin Litho Bottle Cap
This vintage Enjoy A Crush sign is an original advertisement for Orange Crush Soda that was displayed at soda shops and gas stations in the late 1950's and early 1960's. At ArtFactory.com we have on of the largest selections of original, vintage collectible signs for sale anywhere, guaranteed authentic, and backed by over a century of experience. This Enjoy A Crush sign is a genuine original die cut, tin litho sign is a single sided, soda bottle cap shaped advertisement. It is an extra large (over 3 foot) sign, measuring 36 inches (3 feet) in diameter with a 5 inch deep lip. It is perfect for display in any man cave or game room, and a must have item for any serious vintage soda memorabilia collector. This vintage Enjoy A Crush sign is the perfect companion to hang over your vintage soda vending machine, or as a stand alone piece of wall art, which features an eye catching design. The sign is designed to exactly mimic the appearance of an actual Orange Crush bottle cap from that era. It has a white background in the upper and lower parts of the sign, and an orange background across the center horizontally.
Vintage Enjoy A Crush Sign Specifications
- Type: Heavy Metal Tin Litho Sign
- Sides: Single Sided
- Shape: Die Cut Round Bottle Cap Shaped Sign With Crimped Lip
- Company: Crush
- Product: Orange Soda
- Slogan: "Enjoy A Crush"
- Manufacturer: Stout Sign Company
- Manufacturer SKU# - N112
- Place Of Manufacture: St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A.
- Era: 1950's
- Color: Orange/White/Green
- Dimensions: 36 Inches (3 Feet) Diameter (5 Inch Deep Lip)
- Condition: Original, Unrestored Condition, Sold As-Pictured, See Photos For Details
The words "ENJOY A" are in green lettering at the top of the sign, with a green underline under the word "ENJOY". The center of the sign features the word "CRUSH" stylized in the format of the logo from the era, including white lettering with a green outline and orange stripes vertically down the inside center area of the letters. The outer border of the the sign is lipped and crimped to give it the appearance of a soda bottle cap. It is an original advertisement from the late 1950's and was manufactured by Stout Sign Company of St. Louis, Missouri per the maker's mark on the lower lip of the sign, and is marked with the manufacture SKU number "N-112".
Enjoy A Crush Sign Additional Details
Like all of our vintage collectible signs, this vintage Enjoy A Crush sign is sold in original, unrestored condition, as pictured, because we believe that every ding, dent, and blemish is part of the history of the item. This sign has some light wear and very small scratches around the edges of the sign, a few other minor blemishes on the sign face, and two notable, medium sized scratches below the letter "H" in the word "CRUSH". Otherwise it is an exceptionally clean example of this over 60-year-old Orange Crush sign. Furthermore, it DOES NOT HAVE any significant dings, dents, or any damage from wind blown objects, or appear to have been displayed outdoors, and is free of rust. It is in Excellent (EXL) condition overall, with clean graphics and lettering on the front. A truly rare find in this condition, as this is likely to be one of the cleanest examples of this Orange Crush sign on the market, because this size of sign was commonly displayed outdoors. We sell rare, collectible items from dozens of soft drink companies, including not only Orange Crush, but also Coca-Cola, Pepsi, 7 Up, Dr. Pepper, Royal Crown Cola, Nesbitt's, and more. Like all of our vintage collectible signage, this vintage Enjoy A Crush sign is an original, investment quality item. We are a one-stop-shop when it comes to outfitting your man cave or game room. We can can outfit an entire 1950's-60's style soda shop for you, or help you find that one special item that has been missing from your collection. We have a vast selection of vintage soda collectibles currently in stock; in addition to signs, and also have fully restored original vending machines. These machines are restored to working, museum quality condition and include original, period correct signage, logos, and paint schemes. Our vending machine restorations are the best in the business because nobody has been doing it longer, or pays as much attention to detail.
We specialize in original collectible advertising from America's most iconic brands, and rare investment quality Road Art. We have the World's Largest (Airplane Hanger Size) Man Cave on site at our Scottsdale, Arizona showroom. It can be toured for FREE OF CHARGE anytime during our regular business hours (Monday - Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM AZ Time), and you can see our collection of hundreds of museum quality, soda shop, petroliana, automobilia, and Americana items. It's like visiting a museum where every exhibit is for sale! Don't be duped by fakes, or settle for low quality reproductions that will never have any long term appreciable value. At ArtFactory.com, we only deal in fine are quality collectibles with appreciable value that are guaranteed to be authentic, and backed by over a century in experience. Call us today at 1-800-292-0008 to ask for pricing on this rare, porcelain, vintage Enjoy A Crush sign, or any of our other vintage soda shop and drug store signs.
Orange Crush Soda History
Throughout its history, Orange Crush has left a significant mark on the soft drink industry, with its iconic flavor and branding elements making it a beloved beverage from its earliest days. Today, it remains a popular and recognizable brand in the soft drink industry, known for its citrusy and refreshing flavor.
- Foundation and Early Success (1910s-1920s): Orange Crush was founded by Clayton J. Howell and Neil C. Ward in 1911 in Los Angeles, California. It started as a syrup intended for use in soda fountains. In 1916, Samuel C. Hurst, a chemist, partnered with Ward to develop a bottled version of Orange Crush. The bottled beverage quickly gained popularity for its vibrant orange flavor and eye-catching packaging.
- Distinctive Bottle Design: In the early years, Orange Crush was sold in a clear, ribbed glass bottle with a paper label. The label featured an image of a giant orange, which became an iconic symbol of the brand. The unique bottle design and branding contributed to its success.
- Prohibition-Era Popularity: During the Prohibition era in the United States (1920-1933), Orange Crush benefited from being a non-alcoholic alternative. People turned to soft drinks like Orange Crush for refreshment and enjoyment.
- Expanding Flavor Lineup: In addition to its original orange flavor, Orange Crush introduced other fruit flavors such as Grape Crush and Pineapple Crush in the 1920s and 1930s, expanding its product range.
- Competing with Nehi: Orange Crush faced competition from other fruit-flavored sodas during this period, most notably Nehi (pronounced "knee-high") which offered a range of flavors. The competition between Orange Crush and Nehi was a prominent feature of the soda market during the 1920s and 1930s.
- Post-World War II Growth: After World War II, Orange Crush continued to grow and innovate. It introduced new packaging formats, including cans, which made it more convenient for consumers.
- Continued Popularity in the 1960s and 1970s: During the 1960s and 1970s, Orange Crush remained a popular choice among consumers. Its vibrant flavor and distinctive branding continued to attract customers of all ages.
- The Orange Crush mascot, known as "Crushy,": Crushy is an animated orange character that made its debut in the 1970's and quickly became a recognizable symbol of the brand. This anthropomorphic orange character is often depicted with a friendly, smiling face and a playful personality, embodying the refreshing and vibrant qualities of Orange Crush soda. Over the years, Crushy has evolved in appearance and style but has consistently represented the fun and enjoyable aspects of consuming Orange Crush soda.
- Collectible Bottles and Advertising: Vintage Orange Crush bottles and advertising materials from this period have become collectibles, reflecting the brand's enduring appeal and nostalgia.
Stout Sign Company History
Since before the turn of the Twentieth-Century Stout Sign company has created a lasting legacy in the world of advertising and signage. Their commitment to quality and durability, as well as their partnerships with renowned brands, cemented their place in the history of American advertising.
Founding and Early Years (1886): Stout Sign Company LLC was established in 1886 by the Stout family in St. Louis, Missouri. The family recognized the growing automobile traffic on the nation's highways, and they saw an opportunity in roadside advertising. This was a time when the automobile industry was rapidly expanding, and the highways were becoming a primary mode of transportation.
High-Quality Sign Production: From its inception, Stout Sign Company placed a strong emphasis on producing high-quality signs. They were dedicated to using top-notch processes and materials to create signs that were not only eye-catching but also extremely durable. This commitment to quality set them apart from competitors and earned them a reputation for producing some of the most enduring signs in the industry.
Partnerships with Prominent Brands: Stout Sign Company's dedication to quality quickly attracted the attention of well-known brands looking to advertise their products to the growing number of motorists. Some of the notable brands that collaborated with Stout Sign Company for advertising signage included Burma Shave, Baby Ruth, Michelin Tire, Pepsi Cola, and others. These partnerships allowed Stout Sign Company to create iconic and memorable advertising campaigns along highways across the United States.
Impact on Roadside Advertising: Stout Sign Company played a significant role in shaping the landscape of roadside advertising during the early to mid-20th century. Their signs became landmarks along highways, capturing the attention of travelers and contributing to the development of outdoor advertising as an industry.
Stout Sign Company continues to do business today, and more information can be found on their official website https://stoutsign.com/.
More Vintage Collectible Soda Signs For Sale From ArtFactory.com
Enjoy A Crush Sign Info
When we use the terms "Museum Quality" and "Historically Correct," we are indicating our world-class process. We absolutely preserve all original signs, badges, glass with anomalies, natural aged patinas, and everything that makes a vintage item collectible. Maintaining non-structural damage, all age, wear, and tear is proudly displayed to showcase each item's unique charm.
Due to our earned reputation, we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. Because most of our items have a waiting list, if you're looking for a specific collectible, please ask to be put on our first come, first served list (refundable deposit required).
We are the oldest and largest seller of fine art, historically correct, museum quality antiques and genuine, investment quality classic Americana.