Vintage Gulf Neon Sign: “Fuel Oil Dealer” Unrestored “Survivor” Condition – VS6227
Genuine Porcelain, 1940’s Era, Round Roadside Neon Outdoor Gulf Fuel Oil Dealer Sign, Is A Truly A Rare Find, And A Collection Centerpiece For Even The Most Serious Petroliana Aficionado
This Is A 100% Original Item In Unrestored “Survivor” Condition, Including Original Neon And Electrical Components, A True American Icon, Signed And Certified By Award Winning Artist H.J. Nick As A Museum And Investment Quality Collectible
Vintage Gulf Neon Sign: "Fuel Oil Dealer" Unrestored "Survivor" Condition
This is an original vintage Gulf neon sign from the 1940's. It is a round outdoor, roadside gas station sign that measures 34 inches in diameter, and is on a 8 inches thick on a heavy metal can. This is sign is in 'survivor" condition meaning that it is 100% original and unrestored. Even the neon is original. At Artfactory.com we have one of the largest selections of original collectible petroliana available anywhere. This is a single sided, genuine vintage porcelain enamel sign. The sign has an orange background with a white pinstripe outline around the border. The lettering on the word "GULF" is blue with a white shadow, and the words "Fuel Oil Dealer" are in yellow lettering. The sign lights up with blue colored neon around the edges of the the letters of the word "Gulf", and orange around the border of the sign, and yellow neon around the words "Fuel Oil Dealer", as pictured. This is a truly iconic Americana, a museum and investment quality original collectible signed and certified by award winning artist H.J. Nick. This signature means each item bearing this certification is backed by over a century of manufacturing fine art, hand made furnishings, and restoring America's finest collectibles to original condition.
Vintage Gulf Neon Sign Additional Details
This vintage Gulf neon sign is original memorabilia from one of America's most iconic brands. It is sold in original unrestored condition because our belief is that signs should not be restored because every ding, dent, and blemish is part of the history and story of the item. We are a one stop shop when it comes to outfitting your man cave or game room. We can can outfit an entire gas station or automotive themed room for you, or help you find that one special item that has been missing from your collection. In addition to signs, we have vintage visible gas pumps, oil pumps, lubesters, and more that we have fully restored to working, museum quality condition. Our vintage automobilia and petroliana restorations are the best in the business because nobody has been doing it longer, or pays as much attention to detail.
Vintage Gulf Neon Sign Specifications
- Type: Genuine Vintage Porcelain Outdoor Roadside Neon Sign
- Sides: Single Sided
- Shape: Round
- Company: Gulf
- Product: Fuel Oil Dealer
- Era: 1940's
- Color: Orange/Blue/White/Yellow
- Neon Color: Blue (GULF Lettering)/Orange (Border)/Yellow( Fuel Oil Dealer Lettering)
- Dimensions: 34 Inches Diameter (8 Inches Deep Heavy Metal Can)
- Condition: SURVIVOR: Original Vintage Porcelain Enamel Sign Sign, Not Restored Or Doctored
- Neon Details: Original Unrestored
- Signed And Certified By Award Winning Artist H.J. Nick As Original American Museum And Investment Quality Collectible
Watch Neon Sign Restorations Video
Investment Quality Collectible Petroliana From ArtFactory.com
This one-of-a-kind, vintage Gulf neon sign is the perfect conversation piece that will wow your friends and clients alike. Like all of our vintage collectible signs, it is guaranteed authentic, investment quality memorabilia. We specialize in those hard to find signs that serious collectors are looking for. All antique collectables offered are genuine memorabilia and appreciable assets, not fake reproductions. All items are fine collectable art at the highest world class collector level. Contact us today for pricing on this collectible vintage Gulf neon sign or any of our collectible Americana, antique signs, old gas pumps, and classic collectibles at 1-800-292-0008.
Gulf Oil Company History
Gulf Oil was a major global oil company from 1901 until March 15, 1985. The eighth-largest American manufacturing company in 1941 and the ninth-largest in 1979, Gulf Oil was one of the so-called Seven Sisters oil companies. Prior to its merger with Standard Oil of California, Gulf was one of the chief instruments of the Mellon family fortune; both Gulf and Mellon Financial had their headquarters in Pittsburgh.
Gulf's former headquarters, originally referred to as "the Gulf Building" (now the Gulf Tower office condos), is an Art Deco skyscraper. The tallest building in Pittsburgh until 1970, when it was eclipsed by the U.S. Steel Tower, it is capped by a step pyramid structure several stories high. Until 1973, the entire top was illuminated, changing color with changes in barometric pressure to provide a weather indicator that could be seen for many miles. After 1973 until the 2000s, only a beacon on top would change colors.
Read More At: Gulf Oil On Wikipedia
History And Collectibility Of Gulf Oil Signs
Gulf Oil signs, often recognized by their distinctive orange and blue color scheme, have become iconic symbols in the world of petroleum and automotive culture. These signs were typically used at Gulf-branded gasoline stations and other Gulf Oil-related facilities. The Gulf Oil signs have taken different forms over the years, but some of the most well-known types include:
- Gulf Disc Sign: This is perhaps the most recognizable Gulf sign. It features a circular disc with the word "Gulf" in bold blue letters against an orange background. This design has been a consistent element of the Gulf brand's identity.
- Gulf Gasoline Pump Sign: This sign was often placed on top of gasoline pumps at Gulf-branded stations. It typically featured the word "Gulf" along with a representation of the Gulf logo and the wording "Gasoline" or "Gas."
- Gulf Oil Company Logo Sign: Some signs displayed the full Gulf Oil Company logo, which included the circular disc with the word "Gulf" and additional elements such as the word "Oil Company" or other brand-related information.
- Vintage Gulf Signs: Over the years, Gulf has used various vintage signs that evoke a sense of nostalgia. These signs often feature retro designs and elements reminiscent of earlier decades.
- Neon Gulf Signs: Neon signs with the Gulf logo and name have been used to attract attention, especially during the night. These signs combine the iconic colors with the eye-catching glow of neon lighting.
- Advertising Signs: Gulf also produced various advertising signs that promoted specific products or services, such as Gulfpride motor oil or other lubricants.
More Vintage Collectible Neon Gas Station Signs For Sale From ArtFactory.com
Vintage Gulf Neon Sign Info
When we use the terms "Museum Quality" and "Historically Correct," we are indicating our world-class process. We absolutely preserve all original signs, badges, glass with anomalies, natural aged patinas, and everything that makes a vintage item collectible. Maintaining non-structural damage, all age, wear, and tear is proudly displayed to showcase each item's unique charm.
Due to our earned reputation, we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. Because most of our items have a waiting list, if you're looking for a specific collectible, please ask to be put on our first come, first served list (refundable deposit required).
We are the oldest and largest seller of fine art, historically correct, museum quality antiques and genuine, investment quality classic Americana.