Vintage Kendall Oil Sign: Die Cut Tin Litho Peace Sign “The 2000 Mile Oil” – VS6195
This Is A Rare Original 1930’s Era Advertisement From PenzBest Oil And Is Just One Of Hundreds Of Collectible Petroliana And Vintage Gas Stations Signs We Currently Have In Stock
At ArtFactory.com We Have One Of The Largest Selections Of Automobilia For Sale Anywhere
Vintage Kendall Oil Sign: Die Cut Tin Litho Peace Sign "The 2000 Mile Oil"
This vintage Kendall Oil sign is an original, that was manufactured in the 1930's. It is a die cut (peace sign shaped) tin litho sign, and measures 15 inches tall by 6 1/2 inches wide. This genuine single sided gas station sign has a grey background with red logos, graphics and lettering. The sign reads "Kendall The 2000 Mile Oil" and there is a Penzbest "Guaranteed 100% Bradford Grade Oil" logo in the lower portion of the sign. It is just one of hundreds of investment quality, collectible signs currently for sale at ArtFactory.com. Like all or our signs it is sold in original, unrestored condition as pictured. We do not believe in restoring old signs because every ding, dent, and blemish is part of that item's unique history.
Vintage Kendall Oil Sign Specifications
- Type: Tin Litho
- Sides: Single Sided
- Shape: Die Cut Peace Sign
- Company: Penzbest Oil
- Product: Kendall Motor Oil
- Era: 1930's
- Place Of Manufacture: U.S.A.
- Color: Grey/Red
- Dimensions: 15 Inches Tall By 6 1/2 Inches Wide
- Condition: Original, as-is, see photos for details
Kendall Motor Oils Company History
Kendall Motor Oil is a well-known brand of motor oil in the United States with a history dating back over a century. The history of Kendall Motor Oil is closely tied to the development of the American automotive industry. Here's an overview of its history:
- Early 20th Century: Kendall Motor Oil was founded in 1881 by chemist Dr. Herbert John Kendall in Bradford, Pennsylvania. The company started by producing lubricants for machinery and farm equipment.
- Automotive Transition: As the automobile industry began to grow in the early 20th century, Kendall recognized the need for specialized motor oil. The brand shifted its focus toward developing high-quality motor oil formulations to meet the needs of the emerging automotive market.
- Quality and Innovation: Kendall Motor Oil became known for its emphasis on quality and innovation. They were one of the first companies to offer motor oils that met the standards set by the American Petroleum Institute (API), ensuring the oils met industry-specific requirements.
- World War II: During World War II, Kendall was chosen by the U.S. military as the motor oil supplier for American forces. This helped establish the brand's reputation for reliability and performance.
- Mergers and Ownership Changes: Over the years, Kendall went through several mergers and ownership changes. In the 1950s, the company merged with Witco Corporation. Later, Witco was acquired by Crompton & Knowles. In the 1990s, the company became part of the British multinational oil company BP (British Petroleum).
- Heritage and Tradition: Kendall has maintained a heritage and tradition of producing high-quality motor oils throughout its history. The brand is often associated with classic and vintage cars and is known for offering oils suitable for older vehicles with flat tappet camshaft engines.
- Modern Era: Kendall Motor Oil continues to produce a range of motor oils for various types of vehicles, from classic cars to high-performance modern engines. It's available in various formulations, including conventional, synthetic, and high-mileage oils.
Vintage Kendall Oil Sign Additional Details
This vintage Kendall Oil sign, and all of our signs are guaranteed to be authentic, backed by over a century of experience in the antiques and collectibles marketplace. This sign is original memorabilia from one of America's most iconic brands. We are a one stop shop when it comes to outfitting your man cave or game room. We can can outfit an entire gas station or automotive themed room for you, or help you find that one special item that has been missing from your collection. In addition to signs, we have vintage visible gas pumps, oil pumps, lubesters, and more, that we have fully restored to working, museum quality condition. Our petroliana restorations are the best in the business because nobody has been doing it longer, or pays as much attention to detail.
This rare vintage Kendall Oil sign is the perfect conversation piece that will wow your friends and clients alike. Like all of our vintage collectible signs, it is guaranteed authentic, investment quality memorabilia. We specialize in those hard to find signs that serious collectors are looking for. All antique collectables offered are genuine memorabilia and appreciable assets, not fake reproductions. All items are fine collectable art at the highest world class collector level. Contact us for pricing on this vintage Kendall Oil sign, or any of our collectible Americana, antique signs, old gas pumps, and classic collectables at 1-800-292-0008.
More Collectible Vintage Motor Oil Signs For Sale From ArtFactory.com
Vintage Kendall Oil Sign Info
When we use the terms "Museum Quality" and "Historically Correct," we are indicating our world-class process. We absolutely preserve all original signs, badges, glass with anomalies, natural aged patinas, and everything that makes a vintage item collectible. Maintaining non-structural damage, all age, wear, and tear is proudly displayed to showcase each item's unique charm.
Due to our earned reputation, we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. Because most of our items have a waiting list, if you're looking for a specific collectible, please ask to be put on our first come, first served list (refundable deposit required).
We are the oldest and largest seller of fine art, historically correct, museum quality antiques and genuine, investment quality classic Americana.