Chevron Gasolines Neon Sign: Rare Original Vintage Petroliana – NS6904
At ArtFactory.com We Have The Largest Collection Or Original, Investment Quality Collectible Petroliana For Sale Anywhere In The World, And Specialize In The Rare Memorabilia That The Serious Collectors Are After
Features A 101 Point Neon And Electrical Restoration, Including All New Electrical Components, Wiring, Mounts, All Solid State Transformers, And Neon Tubes Hand Blown And Bent By Our Master Glass Blowers, And Certified As Museum And Investment Quality, World Class Fine Art With Award Winning Artist H.J. Nick’s Brass Tag Signature Plaque
Chevron Gasolines Neon Sign: Rare Original Vintage Petroliana
This original vintage Chevron Gasolines neon sign is just one of hundreds of collectible automobilia and petroliana collectibles currently for sale from ArtFactory.com. This large, single sided, round, porcelain enamel sign measures 50 inches in diameter (and is 60 inches tall including the 3 arrow Chevron logo the extends past the bottom edge of the round sign), and is on a 6 inch deep, heavy metal housing can (Total Weight: 105 Pounds). It is an original gas station, roadside advertisement from the 1950's, and is an iconic petroliana signs from its era. This vintage Chevron Gasolines neon sign has a white background with a black stripe around the border. It reads "CHEVRON GASOLINES" in red lettering "CHEVRON", and black lettering "GASOLINES". The "V" in the word Chevron is stylized with wings, and there is a blue/white/red Chevron logo that extends past the bottom of the sign. The neon lights up in blue neon around the border, and also the lettering of the word "GASOLINES". It lights up with red neon around the lettering of "CHEVRON", and the lower logo lights up with alternating, flashing (as pictured) blue/white/red neon around the corresponding arrows. To top it all off, this Chevron Gasolines neon sign features a separate on/off toggle pull cord, as pictured, so the sign can easily be turned on and off without unplugging.
Like all of our collectible signs, this Chevron Gasolines neon sign is sold in original, unrestored condition (as pictured). This sign is in great condition for an item that is now over, 70-years-old. There is a few smaller dings and chips on the face of the sign (the largest just above the letter "H" in Chevron), but overall there are only about 5 of these small dings on the entire sign. These mostly smaller sized dings and chips are extremely common in signs of this age. This sign is in Excellent (EXL) condition overall. It does not appear that this sign was displayed outdoors, as the chipping is not consistent with the type of damage you would see if the sign was struck by a wind blown object (extremely common for outdoor signs).
Vintage Chevron Gasoline Sign Specifications
- Type: Single Sided Genuine Vintage Porcelain Neon Service Station Advertisement
- Shape: Large Round Porcelain Sign With Chevron Logo The Extends Beyond Lower Edge Of Sign
- Company: Chevron
- Product: Gasolines
- Era: 1950's
- Place Of Manufacture: U.S.A.
- Color: White/Red/Blue
- Neon Color: Red (Border Of Lettering "CHEVRON)/Blue (Border Of Sign/Border Of Lettering "GASOLINES")/Blue/White/Red (Alternating Flashing Chevron Logo)
- Dimensions: 50 Inches Diameter By 60 Inches Tall (Including Lower Logo) With (6 Inches Deep Including Heavy Metal Electrical Housing Can)
- Condition: Original Genuine Porcelain Sign Not Restored Or Doctored (Unrestored, As-Pictured, See Photos For Details)
- Neon Details: All Neon And Solid State Transformers, Wiring, Mounts, Switches, And Wires Have Been Replaced
- Comes With H.J. Nick Exclusive “Fast Hanger Bar” Allowing A Simple And Easy Way To Hang Straight And True Every Time.
- Neon Has Separate Toggle Pull Chord As Pictured So That The Sign Can Easily Be Switched On And Off Without Unplugging.
- Certification: Brass Tag Signed By Award Winning Artist H.J. Nick
Watch Neon Sign Restorations Video
Watch Hanging Neon Signs Video
ArtFactory.com 101 Point Neon Restoration Details
We do not believe in restoring damage such as dings, dents, scratches, or damage to porcelain enamel. Restoring damage to vintage porcelain signs is frowned upon in the collector community because there is simply no way to repair this type of damage that is consistent with the standards of a museum quality restoration. Most often attempts at this type of restoration leaves the item looking worse than its original condition. Furthermore, it is our belief that every ding, dent, and blemish is part of that item's unique history, and helps to tell its story. The only exception to this is when dealing with neon and electrical components.
That is why this vintage Chevron Gasolines neon sign has received a 101 point, world class fine art and museum quality, neon and electrical restoration. This means that all electrical components have been replaced, including any wiring, mounts, switches, and ALL SOLID STATE TRANSFORMERS. The neon tubes are hand blown and hand bent by our in-house master glass blowers using historically correct techniques. This restoration is completed according to the specifications, and under the supervision of, award winning artist H.J. Nick. An item does not receive his brass tag signature certification until it has been found to meet all world class fine art qualifications. This certification means each item bearing his signature is backed by over 100 years of manufacturing world class fine art handmade furnishings, and restoring America's finest collectibles to original, museum quality condition. Also, any electrical parts including wiring and solid state transformers and flashers have been replaced.
Chevron Gasolines Neon Sign Additional Details
This vintage Chevron Gasolines neon sign, and all of our signs are guaranteed to be authentic, backed by over a century of experience in the antiques and collectibles marketplace. This sign is original memorabilia from one of America's most iconic brands. We are a one stop shop when it comes to outfitting your man cave or game room. We can can outfit an entire gas station or automotive themed room for you, or help you find that one special item that has been missing from your collection. In addition to signs, we have vintage visible gas pumps, oil pumps, lubesters, and more, that we have fully restored to working, museum quality condition. Our petroliana restorations are the best in the business because nobody has been doing it longer, or pays as much attention to detail.
This rare porcelain, vintage Chevron Gasolines neon sign is the perfect conversation piece that will wow your friends and clients alike. Like all of our vintage collectible signs, it is guaranteed authentic, investment quality memorabilia. We specialize in those hard to find signs that serious collectors are looking for. All antique collectables offered are genuine memorabilia and appreciable assets, not fake reproductions. All items are fine collectible art at the highest world class collector level. Contact us for pricing on this, vintage Chevron Gasolines neon sign, or any of our collectible Americana, antique signs, old gas pumps, and classic collectibles at 1-800-292-0008.
ArtFactory.com & Award Winning Artist H.J. Nick Brass Tag Certification Details
The H.J. Nick Brass Tag Certification ensures each piece to be the genuine article. Backed by our over a century of experience, with our word is our bond reputation and guaranteeing or your money back “forever". The H.J. Nick Brass Tag Certification makes this item one of the highest appreciating, collectible investments that you can make. These items can be insured at stated value, usually on your home owners policy, for little added premium. Thus, making this a safer investment than even those insured by the FDIC, is much more fun to own, and puts you in control instead of the bank.
History Of Chevron Gas Stations
Chevron, one of the world's largest integrated energy companies, has a rich history dating back over a century. Here's a brief overview of the history of Chevron gas stations:
- Early Beginnings: The roots of Chevron can be traced back to the late 19th century when the Pacific Coast Oil Company was founded in 1879. This company eventually merged with other oil companies to form Standard Oil of California (SoCal) in 1906.
- Standard Oil Era: During the early 20th century, SoCal, along with other Standard Oil companies, played a dominant role in the oil industry in the United States. SoCal expanded its operations, including refining and marketing petroleum products.
- Chevron Brand Emerges: In 1931, Standard Oil of California adopted the name "Chevron" for its gasoline products. The name was chosen due to the recognizable V-shaped design, which resembled a chevron.
- Growth and Expansion: Throughout the mid-20th century, Chevron continued to grow its operations, expanding both domestically and internationally. This included the development of gas stations under the Chevron brand across the United States and in numerous other countries.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: In 1984, Standard Oil of California merged with Gulf Oil to form Chevron Corporation. This merger expanded Chevron's presence globally and solidified its position as one of the largest oil companies in the world.
- Modernization and Diversification: Over the years, Chevron has focused on modernizing its gas stations, offering a range of fuel options, convenience store items, and services to customers. It has also diversified its energy portfolio, investing in renewable energy sources and technologies.
- Global Presence: Chevron's gas stations can be found in various countries around the world, serving millions of customers daily. The company continues to adapt to changing market dynamics and consumer preferences while maintaining its commitment to providing quality products and services.
Throughout its history, Chevron gas stations have become a familiar sight on roadsides, offering motorists a place to refuel and rest during their journeys.
More Vintage Collectible Neon Gas Station Signs For Sale From ArtFactory.com
Chevron Gasolines Neon Sign Info
When we use the terms "Museum Quality" and "Historically Correct," we are indicating our world-class process. We absolutely preserve all original signs, badges, glass with anomalies, natural aged patinas, and everything that makes a vintage item collectible. Maintaining non-structural damage, all age, wear, and tear is proudly displayed to showcase each item's unique charm.
Due to our earned reputation, we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. Because most of our items have a waiting list, if you're looking for a specific collectible, please ask to be put on our first come, first served list (refundable deposit required).
We are the oldest and largest seller of fine art, historically correct, museum quality antiques and genuine, investment quality classic Americana.