Restored Wayne Visible Gas Pump: Original Authentic Texaco Signage – TGP413
Due To Our Commitment To Originality, And Attention To Detail, Our Restored Vintage Visible Gas Pumps Are Among The Finest Examples In The World
Don’t Settle For Low Quality Reproductions Or Amateur Restorations When You Can Own A Genuine, Museum Quality Piece
Restored Wayne Visible Gas Pump: Original Authentic Texaco Signage
Texaco Gas Pump - Old visible gasoline pump. This is an original Wayne 79 visible hand pump gasoline pump c. 1918 that has been completely restored to better than original. All parts on this old gas pump are historically correct, original, and are in full working order. All brass parts on this genuine gas pump from the early 1900s are original polished solid brass. This fully restored gas pump features a rare - collectors preferred "Milk Glass" - original milk glass gas globe. All signage is original porcelain from the original era (no fake foreign made parts or signs used). All gas pump internal parts have been polished and rebuilt. This old gas pump is in working order.
Gas Pump Restoration Options:
- Paint Job - order any color or color scheme combination
- Gas Globe - select from a variety of antique gas pump globe brands
- Decals & Signs - order a genuine porcelain sign from the era, or opt for customized solid brass decals
Restored Wayne Visible Gas Pump Specifications:
- Gas Company: Texaco
- Make/Model: Wayne 79
- Era: 1918
- Color: red
- Height: 119"
- Base Diameter: 24"
- Condition: Antique/Restored museum quality and historical correct
- Notable Features:
Original milk glass gas pump globe for Texaco. Visible hand pump model with original 10 gallon glass gas tank.
Note: Due to our earned reputation, we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. We always have a waiting list for most items. We suggest if you are looking for a specific collectable, restored to this level, please ask to be placed on our first come, first served list. (Refundable deposit required.) Call 1-800-292-0008
Historical Facts About Texaco Gas Pumps
Texaco ("The Texas Company") is the name of an American oil retail brand. Its flagship product is its fuel, "Texaco with Techron". It also owns the Havoline motor oil brand. Texaco was an independent company until it merged into Chevron Corporation in 2001.
It began as the Texas Fuel Company, founded in 1901 in Beaumont, Texas, by Joseph S. Cullinan, Thomas J. Donoghue, Walter Benona Sharp, and Arnold Schlaet upon discovery of oil at Spindletop. For many years, Texaco was the only company selling gasoline under the same brand name in all 50 states as well as Canada, making it the most truly national brand among its competitors. Its current logo features a white star in a red circle (a reference to the lone star of Texas), leading to the long-running advertising jingles "You can trust your car to the man who wears the star" and "Star of the American Road." The company was headquartered in Harrison, New York, near White Plains, prior to the merger.
In February of 2002 Chevron Corporation merged with Texaco and Shell. Shell began converting its Texaco stations to the Shell brand the next year. In July 2004, Chevron regained non-exclusive rights to the Texaco brand name in the U.S.
Texaco gasoline comes with Techron, an additive developed by Chevron, as of 2005, replacing the previous CleanSystem3. The Texaco brand is strong in the U.S., Latin America and West Africa. It has a presence in Europe as well; for example, it is a well-known retail brand in the UK, with around 1,100 Texaco-branded service stations.
Visible Gas Pump History
Vintage 1910s visible gas pumps Wayne 79 model hand pump, fully restored to museum quality, in full working orders, available in any gas company brand and color paint job. This American automotive petroliana collectable is perfect for anyone qith a bar, Rec Room, Man Cave, restaurant, or classic car. This antique gas pump was manufactured by the Wayne Oil Tank and Pump Company in Fort Wayne, Indiana in the early 1900s.
Visible gas pumps were first introduced in the 1910s and used throughout the Model T and Model A automobile era. The term "visible" was used because customers or gas station attendants would hand-pump the gas from the underground tanks into the "visible" glass bowl on top of the pump. Customers could see the gas they were purchasing - and verify they were getting the amount they paid for - and then gravity would allow the gas to flow from the glass cylinder tank on top of the pump into their vehicles. The visible gas pumps were replaced by the clock-face and electric pumps in the 1930s, however, they remained in use on farms for a longer period of time.
Restored Wayne Visible Gas Pump Info
- All brass parts are solid polished original brass
- Rare collectors preferred original "Milk Glass" globe
- All sign-age is correct porcelain original era material (no fake foreign made parts or signs used)
- All internals have been polished and rebuilt
- Pump is in working order
- Backed by a century of fine craftsmanship since 1913
We are the oldest and largest restorer of fine art, museum quality, historically correct antiques, and supplier of genuine investment quality un-restored classic Americana (namely signs). Museum quality, historically correct means a world class restoration that preserves all original signs, badges, glass with anomalies, natural aged patina, ect. with non structural damage. All age wear and tear is proudly displayed, when possible, on signage and gas pump globes. Contact the Art Factory for information on restoring your antique gas pumps at 1-800-292-0008.
There are no reviews yet.