Vintage Western Union Tin Sign: The Fastest Way To Send Money – WUS98
At ArtFactory.com We Have One Of The Largest Selections Of Original Collectible Grocery Store And Drug Store Available Anywhere
We Are A One Stop Shop For Outfitting Your Man Cave, Game Room, Or Themed Restaurant
Vintage Western Union Tin Sign: The Fastest Way To Send Money
This vintage Western Union tin sign is an original 1980's era sign featuring their slogan from the era "The Fastest Way To Send Money". This slogan was part of a rebranding campaign in the 1980's as Western Union moved away from telecommunications and focused their business model to specialize in money transfers, specifically international transfers that were now legal due to deregulation. It is a double sided tin sign that hangs by two chains and would have originally hung over the customer service area at supermarket or drug store. The top two-thirds of the sign has a black background with 'WESTERN UNION" in yellow lettering. The bottom third of the sign has a yellow background with "THE FASTEST WAY TO SEND MONEY" in black lettering.
Like all of our vintage signs, this vintage Western Union tin sign is in original unrestored condition. We have one of the largest selections of original Americana and investment quality collectible memorabilia available anywhere. In addition to signs, we have vintage visible gas pumps and vending machines that we have fully restored to working, museum quality condition. Don't be duped by fakes, or settle for low quality reproductions that will never have any long term appreciable value. At ArtFactory.com, we only deal in investment quality collectibles, guaranteed to be authentic, and backed by over a century in experience. We are a one stop shop when it comes to outfitting your man cave or game room. Call us today at 1-800-292-0008 to ask for pricing on this vintage Western Union tin sign, or any of our other grocery store and drug store signs.
- 1856 -- Changed our name from the New York and Mississippi Valley Printing Telegraph Company to Western Union. The new name marked consolidation of several lines in the western-most reaches of the U.S. telegraph system.
- 1861 -- Completed the first transcontinental telegraph line across North America.
- 1869 -- Introduced the first successful stock ticker.
- 1871 -- Introduced money transfer.
- 1884 -- Named one of the original 11 stocks in the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- 1896 -- Provided service to Europe, Northern Africa, North and South America, Australia and Asia.
- 1914 -- Introduced the first customer charge card.
- 1933 -- Delivered the first singing telegram.
- 1943 -- Pioneered the first commercial inner-city microwave communications system.
- 1974 -- Introduced the first commercial satellite in the U.S.
- 1980 -- Money transfer revenue exceeded telegram service revenue for the first time.
- 1993 -- Introduced the first disposable prepaid phone card.
- 2001 -- Celebrated 150th anniversary by expanding to more than 100,000 Agent Locations worldwide.
- 2006 -- Handled 147 million consumer-to-consumer money transfers and 249 million bill-paying transactions.
Vintage Western Union Tin Sign Info
When we use the terms "Museum Quality" and "Historically Correct," we are indicating our world-class process. We absolutely preserve all original signs, badges, glass with anomalies, natural aged patinas, and everything that makes a vintage item collectible. Maintaining non-structural damage, all age, wear, and tear is proudly displayed to showcase each item's unique charm.
Due to our earned reputation, we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. Because most of our items have a waiting list, if you're looking for a specific collectible, please ask to be put on our first come, first served list (refundable deposit required).
We are the oldest and largest seller of fine art, historically correct, museum quality antiques and genuine, investment quality classic Americana.