Frontier Gas Neon Sign: Vintage Porcelain Roadside Petroliana – NS6520
A Must Have Item For Any Serious Collector Of Rare Petroliana Memorabilia, This Is Genuine, Original Signage From Frontier Gas, One Of The Most Iconic Gas Stations In The Western Rocky Mountain States
Features A 101 Point Neon And Electrical Restoration, Including All New Electrical Components, Wiring, Mounts, All Solid State Transformers, And Neon Tubes Hand Blown And Bent By Our Master Glass Blowers, And Certified As Museum And Investment Quality, World Class Fine Art With Award Winning Artist H.J. Nick’s Brass Tag Signature Plaque
Frontier Gas Neon Sign: Vintage Porcelain Roadside Petroliana
This extremely rare vintage, Frontier Gas neon sign is from the 1940's, and is a rare, extra large, roadside gas station advertisement. It is an original sign, with fully restored neon and electrical, including all new solid state transformers and flashers, as pictured. This extra large, round, porcelain enamel sign measures 72 inches (6 feet) in diameter, and is 6 inches thick. It is a single sided sign with a white background at he top, and a red background at the bottom. The top half of the signs features an image of a cowboy riding on a horse, with his hat in his hand, with his arm cocked back as if he is going to throw or swing around the hat. The cowboy and horse are a black, silhouette style image. The bottom of the sign reads "FRONTIER" in white lettering with a black outline, and "RARIN' TO GO" below that in plain white lettering. The sign lights up with red neon around the outer border of the sign, and around the letting "RARIN' TO GO". The word "FRONTIER" lights up in neon green. The border of the horse and cowboy lights up in white neon, and flashes (as pictured) to give the image of the horse bucking. As a final touch, the cowboy's hat lights up in yellow neon.
Like all of our collectible signs, this rare, vintage Frontier Gas neon sign is sold in original, unrestored condition, as pictured. We do not believe in restoring old signs because it is our belief that every ding, dent, and blemish is part of the story and history of the item. However, this sign, is in Near Mint/Excellent (NR MT/EXL) condition overall with very little visible damage of any kind on the sign. It also does not appear to have ever been hit by any wind blown objects, meaning it was most likely displayed away form the elements. This is is clean of an example of this now 80-year-old sign as you will find available for sale, and is very close to a true Near Mint condition item. (Many collectors would grade this signs as Near Mint, but we always round down a grade if its close. We only grade an item as Near Mint if it is truly flawless.)
Frontier Gas Neon Sign Specifications
- Type: Single Sided Genuine Vintage Heavy Metal Porcelain Enamel Sign
- Style: Round Porcelain Roadside Sign
- Company: Frontier Gas
- Product: Roadside Gas Station Advertisement
- Slogan : "Rarin' To Go"
- Era: 1940's
- Place Of Manufacture: U.S.A.
- Color: White/Red/Black
- Neon Color: Red (Border/Lettering "Rarin' To Go"/White (Horse/Cowboy)/Lime Green (Lettering "FRONTIER")/Yellow (Cowboy Hat)
- Dimensions: 72 Inches (6 Feet) Diameter By 6 Inches Deep
- Condition: Original Genuine Tin Litho Sign Not Restored Or Doctored (As-Pictured, See Photos For Details)
- Neon Details: All Neon And Solid State Transformers (And Flasheres), Wiring, Mounts, Switches, And Wires Have Been Replaced
- Comes With H.J. Nick Exclusive “Fast Hanger Bar” Allowing A Simple And Easy Way To Hang Straight And True Every Time
- Neon Has Separate Toggle Pull Chord As Pictured So That The Sign Can Easily Be Switched On And Off Without Unplugging
- Brass Tagged: Signed & Certified By Award Winning Artist H.J. Nick (This Certification Is Recognized By Museums, Insurers, And Experienced Collectors Worldwide)
Watch Hanging Neon Signs Video
Watch Neon Sign Restorations Video
Frontier Gas Neon Sign Neon Restoration Details
This vintage Frontier Gas neon sign is as clean of an item as you will find, of its age (now over 80-years-old), and a truly rare find in this condition. As stated, the tin sign itself is in fully original condition, however, all neon and electrical components have been fully rebuilt or replaced as part of our 101 point, museum quality neon restoration. This restoration is done under the supervision of, certified, and signed by award winning artist H.J. Nick as meeting all world class fine are qualifications. This certification means each item bearing his signature is backed by over 100 years of manufacturing world class fine art handmade furnishings, and restoring America's finest collectibles to original, museum quality condition. All neon is rebuilt by our in house glass blowers, who have blown new glass and bent it by hand, using the same techniques and materials that were used for the original neon. Also, any electrical parts including wiring and solid state transformers (and flashers) have been replaced. The neon features a separate on/off toggle pull cord as pictured.
Rare Investment Quality Collectible Petroliana From ArtFactory.com
This vintage Frontier Gas neon sign is original memorabilia from one of America's most iconic brands. All of our signs are guaranteed to be authentic, backed by over a century of experience in the antiques and collectibles marketplace. This sign is original memorabilia from one of America's most iconic brands. We are a one stop shop when it comes to outfitting your man cave or game room. We can can outfit an entire gas station or automotive themed room for you, or help you find that one special item that has been missing from your collection. In addition to signs, we have vintage visible gas pumps, oil pumps, lubesters, and more, that we have fully restored to working, museum quality condition. Our petroliana restorations are the best in the business because nobody has been doing it longer, or pays as much attention to detail.
This rare porcelain, vintage Frontier Gas neon sign is the perfect conversation piece that will wow your friends and clients alike. Like all of our vintage collectible signs, it is guaranteed authentic, investment quality memorabilia. We specialize in those hard to find signs that serious collectors are looking for. All antique collectables offered are genuine memorabilia and appreciable assets, not fake reproductions. All items are fine collectible art at the highest world class collector level. Contact us for pricing on this, vintage Frontier Gas neon sign, or any of our collectible Americana, antique signs, old gas pumps, and classic collectibles at 1-800-292-0008.
ArtFactory.com & Award Winning Artist H.J. Nick Brass Tag Certification Details
The H.J. Nick Brass Tag Certification ensures each piece to be the genuine article. Backed by our over a century of experience, with our word is our bond reputation and guaranteeing or your money back “forever". The H.J. Nick Brass Tag Certification makes this item one of the highest appreciating, collectible investments that you can make. These items can be insured at stated value, usually on your home owners policy, for little added premium. Thus, making this a safer investment than even those insured by the FDIC, is much more fun to own, and puts you in control instead of the bank.
History Of Frontier Gasoline
Frontier gas stations played a significant role in the American West in the 20th century, in both the development of the region, and the culture of motoring during that time. Here's a more detailed history of Frontier gas stations during the 20th century:
- Early 20th Century Origins: The Frontier gas station chain had its roots in the early 20th century when the American West was experiencing rapid growth, urbanization, and the rise of automobile culture. During this period, the demand for gasoline and automotive services was on the rise.
- Formation of Frontier Oil Company: Frontier gas stations were initially operated by the Frontier Oil Company, which was founded in 1920. The company was established in Denver, Colorado, and began operating gas stations in the western states.
- The Covered Wagon Logo: One of the most iconic features of Frontier gas stations was their distinctive logo, featuring a covered wagon. This logo was chosen to symbolize the pioneer spirit of the American West and the idea of adventure and exploration.
- Expansion in the West: Frontier gas stations expanded throughout the American West, particularly in states like California, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, and Colorado. The chain grew steadily during the 1920s and 1930s.
- Regional Competition: Frontier gas stations faced competition from other regional brands, as well as the major national oil companies like Standard Oil (now Chevron), Texaco, and Shell. However, Frontier carved out its own niche in the market, attracting customers with its branding and service.
- Changes in Ownership: Frontier Oil Company went through changes in ownership and structure over the years. It eventually became part of Holly Frontier Corporation, a company formed through various mergers and acquisitions in the oil and gas industry.
- Nostalgia and Collectibles: Even as the Frontier gas stations gradually disappeared, they left a lasting legacy. The distinctive signage and branding, including the covered wagon logo, are still remembered fondly by many and have become collectibles, sought after by those interested in Americana and vintage advertising.
More Vintage Collectible Neon Gas Station Signs For Sale From ArtFactory.com
Frontier Gas Neon Sign Info
When we use the terms "Museum Quality" and "Historically Correct," we are indicating our world-class process. We absolutely preserve all original signs, badges, glass with anomalies, natural aged patinas, and everything that makes a vintage item collectible. Maintaining non-structural damage, all age, wear, and tear is proudly displayed to showcase each item's unique charm.
Due to our earned reputation, we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. Because most of our items have a waiting list, if you're looking for a specific collectible, please ask to be put on our first come, first served list (refundable deposit required).
We are the oldest and largest seller of fine art, historically correct, museum quality antiques and genuine, investment quality classic Americana.