Orange Crush Neon Sign: Vintage Advertising Featuring Crushy Character – NS6192
This Original Genuine Vintage Porcelain Sign From 1943 Featuring The Popular Character “Mr. Crushy” Is Just One Of Hundreds Of Collectible Signs We Currently Have For Sale
At ArtFactory.com We Are A One Stop Shop For Outfitting Your Retro Soda Fountain Themed Man Cave Or Game Room
Orange Crush Neon Sign: Vintage Advertising Featuring Crushy Character
This rare, vintage Orange Crush neon sign is an original, genuine vintage porcelain advertisement that was manufactured in 1943 for use at soda shops and drug stores. At ArtFactory.com we have on of the largest selections of original, neon, lighted, and vintage collectible signs for sale anywhere, guaranteed authentic, and backed by over a century of experience. The classic sign is 13 inches wide by 16 1/2 inches tall, and is on a 4 1/2 inches deep metal can. It has an orange and white background, and features the popular character "Mr. Crushy". There is the slogan "Feel Fresh" at the top of the sign, and the bottom of the sign reads "Drink Orange Crush Carbonated Beverage". The sign has a some wear at the bottom edge of the sign, but the sign face itself is relatively clean and free of dings. Like all of our vintage signs, it is sold in original, unrestored condition, as we believe that any blemishes are part of that item's unique history. However, all neon, transformers and electrical parts have been fully rebuilt or replaced by our experts, including ALL SOLID STATE TRANSFORMERS. The neon features a separate on/off toggle switch as pictured.
Orange Crush Neon Sign Additional Details
This vintage Orange Crush neon sign is original memorabilia from one of America's most iconic brands. It is sold in original unrestored condition because our belief is that signs should not be restored because every ding, dent, and blemish is part of the history and story of the item. We are a one stop shop when it comes to outfitting your man cave or game room. We can can outfit an entire vintage soda shop themed room for you, or help you find that one special item that has been missing from your collection. In addition to signs, we have vintage restored vending machines, and more, that we have fully restored to working, museum quality condition. Our vintage vendor restorations are the best in the business because nobody has been doing it longer, or pays as much attention to detail.
This rare vintage Orange Crush neon sign is the perfect conversation piece that will wow your friends and clients alike. Like all of our vintage collectible signs, it is guaranteed authentic, investment quality memorabilia. We specialize in those hard to find signs that serious collectors are looking for. All antique collectables offered are genuine memorabilia and appreciable assets, not fake reproductions. All items are fine collectable art at the highest world class collector level. Contact us today for pricing on this collectible vintage Orange Crush neon sign or any of our collectible Americana, antique signs, old gas pumps, and classic collectibles at 1-800-292-0008.
Watch Neon Sign Restorations Video
Vintage Orange Crush Neon Sign Specifications
- Type: Lighted Vintage Genuine Porcelain Sign With Fully Rebuilt Neon And Wiring As Well As Metal Housing Can
- Sides: Single Sided
- Shape: Vertically Oriented Rectangular
- Company: Orange Crush
- Product: Soda
- Date Of Manufacture: 1943
- Country Of Manufacture: U.S.A.
- Color: Orange/White/Black
- Neon Color: Orange/White
- Dimensions: 13" Wide By 16.5” Tall (4 1/2" Deep Metal Can)
- Condition: Original Porcelain Sign Not Restored Or Doctored (As-Is, See Photos For Details)
- Neon Details: All neon and solid state transformers, wiring, mounts, switches, and wires have been replaced.
- Comes with H.J. Nick exclusive “Fast Hanger Bar” Allowing a simple and easy way to hang straight and true every time.
- Housing Can Rebuilt In Heavy Gage Steel And Finished For Indoor Or Outdoor Use
- Neon has separate toggle pull chord as pictured so that the sign can easily be switched on and off with out unplugging.
Orange Crush Soda History
Throughout its history, Orange Crush has left a significant mark on the soft drink industry, with its iconic flavor and branding elements making it a beloved beverage from its earliest days. Today, it remains a popular and recognizable brand in the soft drink industry, known for its citrusy and refreshing flavor.
- Foundation and Early Success (1910s-1920s): Orange Crush was founded by Clayton J. Howell and Neil C. Ward in 1911 in Los Angeles, California. It started as a syrup intended for use in soda fountains. In 1916, Samuel C. Hurst, a chemist, partnered with Ward to develop a bottled version of Orange Crush. The bottled beverage quickly gained popularity for its vibrant orange flavor and eye-catching packaging.
- Distinctive Bottle Design: In the early years, Orange Crush was sold in a clear, ribbed glass bottle with a paper label. The label featured an image of a giant orange, which became an iconic symbol of the brand. The unique bottle design and branding contributed to its success.
- Prohibition-Era Popularity: During the Prohibition era in the United States (1920-1933), Orange Crush benefited from being a non-alcoholic alternative. People turned to soft drinks like Orange Crush for refreshment and enjoyment.
- Expanding Flavor Lineup: In addition to its original orange flavor, Orange Crush introduced other fruit flavors such as Grape Crush and Pineapple Crush in the 1920s and 1930s, expanding its product range.
- Competing with Nehi: Orange Crush faced competition from other fruit-flavored sodas during this period, most notably Nehi (pronounced "knee-high") which offered a range of flavors. The competition between Orange Crush and Nehi was a prominent feature of the soda market during the 1920s and 1930s.
- Post-World War II Growth: After World War II, Orange Crush continued to grow and innovate. It introduced new packaging formats, including cans, which made it more convenient for consumers.
- Continued Popularity in the 1960s and 1970s: During the 1960s and 1970s, Orange Crush remained a popular choice among consumers. Its vibrant flavor and distinctive branding continued to attract customers of all ages.
- The Orange Crush mascot, known as "Crushy,": Crushy is an animated orange character that made its debut in the 1970's and quickly became a recognizable symbol of the brand. This anthropomorphic orange character is often depicted with a friendly, smiling face and a playful personality, embodying the refreshing and vibrant qualities of Orange Crush soda. Over the years, Crushy has evolved in appearance and style but has consistently represented the fun and enjoyable aspects of consuming Orange Crush soda.
- Collectible Bottles and Advertising: Vintage Orange Crush bottles and advertising materials from this period have become collectibles, reflecting the brand's enduring appeal and nostalgia.
More Vintage Collectible Neon Beverage Signs For Sale From ArtFactory.com
Orange Crush Neon Sign Info
When we use the terms "Museum Quality" and "Historically Correct," we are indicating our world-class process. We absolutely preserve all original signs, badges, glass with anomalies, natural aged patinas, and everything that makes a vintage item collectible. Maintaining non-structural damage, all age, wear, and tear is proudly displayed to showcase each item's unique charm.
Due to our earned reputation, we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. Because most of our items have a waiting list, if you're looking for a specific collectible, please ask to be put on our first come, first served list (refundable deposit required).
We are the oldest and largest seller of fine art, historically correct, museum quality antiques and genuine, investment quality classic Americana.