Sunoco Racing Gasoline Sign: Vintage Gas Pump Belly Plate – VS6591
This 1960’s Era, Porcelain Enamel Advertisement For Sunoco Racing Fuel Is An Original Gas Pump Belly Plate Sign That Is Ideal For Use On A Vintage Gas Pump Restoration, Or To Be Hung On The Wall As A Stand Alone Piece; At ArtFactory.com We Specialize In Rare, Investment Quality Road Art, And Are A One-Stop-Shop For The Serious Petroliana Aficionado
We Have The Largest Selection Of Original, Vintage Gas Station Signs For Sale Anywhere, And The World’s Largest (AIRPLANE HANGER SIZED) Man Cave On-Site At Our Scottsdale, Arizona Showroom: Pay Us A Visit; Tour Our Hundreds Of Rare Petroliana, Automobilia, And Americana Collectibles; And To Top It All Off, Every Item On Display Is Also For Sale
Sunoco Racing Gasoline Sign: Vintage Gas Pump Belly Plate
This vintage Sunoco Racing Gasoline sign is an original gas pump belly plate advertisement from the 1960's. This sign is round in shape, has a white background in the upper half, with a red striped background on the lower half. There is a yellow. blue, and red Sunoco logo in the center of the sign. The lower part of the sign reads "Racing Gasoline" in white, script style lettering against the red striped background. It is an original gas pump belly plate sign that was manufactured in the 1960's. It is a single sided sign that measures 12 inches in diameter. This Sunoco Racing Gasoline sign is an ideal piece for your vintage gas station themed man cave or game room as it is just the right size to be an eye catching piece, while also not being so large that it takes up too much wall space. It is also the perfect sign for use on a vintage gas pump restoration project. Advertising from the Sunoco, who are still among the leaders in racing fuel, are highly collector coveted.
Sunoco Racing Gasoline Sign Specifications
- Type: Genuine Vintage Heavy Metal Porcelain Enamel Sign
- Shape: Round Gas Pump Belly Plate Sign
- Sides: Single Sided
- Company: Sunoco
- Product: Racing Gasoline
- Date Of Manufacture: 1960's
- Country Of Manufacture: U.S.A.
- Color: White/Green/Red
- Dimensions: 12 Inches Diameter
- Condition: Original, Unrestored As-Pictured, See Photos For Details
Sunoco Racing Gasoline Sign Additional Details
Like all of our vintage porcelain and tin litho signs, this vintage Sunoco Racing Gasoline sign is in original, unrestored condition, as pictured. We sell all of our original petroliana advertising in unrestored condition because it is our belief that each blemish is part of the unique history of that item. This sign is in Excellent (Exl) condition overall, with only some light wear and discoloration around the outer edges of the sign, and some wear around the hanging grommet areas being of any significance. Minor wear and blemishes around the very edges of the sign, is the most common type of blemish found on these older porcelain signs. There are no large dings, dents, or any damage from wind blown objects. The sign face lettering and graphics are all very clean, and this is likely to be one of the nicest examples of this now over 60-year-old sign as you will find for sale. This vintage Sunoco Racing Gasoline sign, and all of our signs are guaranteed to be authentic, backed by over a century of experience in the antiques and collectibles marketplace. This sign is original memorabilia from one of America's most iconic brands. We are a one-stop-shop when it comes to outfitting your man cave or game room. We can can outfit an entire gas station or automotive themed room for you, or help you find that one special item that has been missing from your collection. In addition to signs, we have vintage visible gas pumps, oil pumps, lubesters, and more, that we have fully restored to working, museum quality condition. Our petroliana restorations are the best in the business because nobody has been doing it longer, or pays as much attention to detail.
This rare vintage Sunoco Racing Gasoline sign is the perfect conversation piece that will wow your friends and clients alike. It can be hung or displayed as a stand alone piece, or used as part of your vintage gas pump restoration project. Upon request, we can restore any vintage gas pump with a period correct, Sunoco gas color scheme. These world class fine art restorations include original signage, such as this belly plate, and original pump top lighted milk glass globes when applicable. Like all of our vintage collectible signs, this vintage Sunoco gas pump sign is guaranteed authentic, investment quality memorabilia. We specialize in those hard to find signs that serious collectors are looking for. All antique collectibles offered are genuine memorabilia and appreciable assets, not fake reproductions. All items are fine collectible art at the highest world class collector level. Contact us for pricing on this original vintage Sunoco Racing Gasoline sign, or any of our collectible Americana, antique signs, old gas pumps, and classic collectibles at 1-800-292-0008.
Sunoco Racing Gasoline History
Sunoco Racing Gasoline is a well-known brand among motorsports enthusiasts, and it has a rich history in the world of racing. Here's a brief overview of the history of Sunoco Racing Gasoline:
- Early Years: Sunoco, short for Sun Oil Company, was founded in 1886 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The company initially focused on the production and distribution of various petroleum products.
- Entry into Racing: Sunoco became involved in motorsports in the mid-20th century. In 1956, it introduced Sunoco 260, a high-octane gasoline formulated for racing applications. This marked the beginning of Sunoco's involvement in the racing world.
- Success in NASCAR: Sunoco Racing Gasoline gained popularity in NASCAR (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing) during the 1960s and 1970s. Many NASCAR teams and drivers used Sunoco fuels due to their high performance and consistency.
- Partnership with IndyCar: Sunoco also had a presence in open-wheel racing, including the Indianapolis 500. The company supplied fuel to IndyCar teams and played a significant role in the success of many racing legends.
- Innovations and Developments: Over the years, Sunoco continued to develop and refine its racing fuels to meet the specific needs of different racing series. Sunoco racing fuels were known for their high octane ratings and quality.
- Official Fuel Supplier: In 2004, Sunoco became the official fuel supplier for NASCAR's top three national series: the NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series, and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. This partnership lasted until 2017 when Sunoco's contract with NASCAR ended.
- Continued Involvement: While Sunoco's official partnership with NASCAR ended, Sunoco Racing Gasoline is still widely used in various forms of motorsports, including professional racing series and grassroots racing events.
- Safety and Sustainability: In recent years, Sunoco, like many other fuel companies, has also focused on developing racing fuels that meet safety and environmental standards. This includes efforts to reduce emissions and promote sustainability in motorsports.
More Collectible Vintage Gas Pump Plate Signs For Sale From ArtFactory.com
Sunoco Racing Gasoline Sign Info
When we use the terms "Museum Quality" and "Historically Correct," we are indicating our world-class process. We absolutely preserve all original signs, badges, glass with anomalies, natural aged patinas, and everything that makes a vintage item collectible. Maintaining non-structural damage, all age, wear, and tear is proudly displayed to showcase each item's unique charm.
Due to our earned reputation, we have the good fortune to be in high demand by collectors. Because most of our items have a waiting list, if you're looking for a specific collectible, please ask to be put on our first come, first served list (refundable deposit required).
We are the oldest and largest seller of fine art, historically correct, museum quality antiques and genuine, investment quality classic Americana.